1. These forums have been archived.
    Please switch to using our new GitHub Discussions and Issue Tracker.

Bug Report Extensive Scripture Note shows up as a “Blank” white screen

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Spiritual Element 79, Aug 29, 2024.

1. Spiritual Element 79

Spiritual Element 79 New Member

One particular scripture note in Rev 17:11 shows up completely blank as if no text is in it. But this scripture contains a long very extensive note.
    If you go to the Bible Book list of notes, you can view it there, but nothing shows up if you go directly the usual way to the Bible verse.

couldn’t find any mention of this problem in the Equip’d Bible forums.

2. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for reporting this. I am guessing this is actually related to the content of your personal note on that verse in Rev 17:11.

Are you able to open the note on that verse to edit it? Or does it just open blank and you can no longer update that note?

If you are able to open and edit the note, maybe try copying everything out into another app, like the Notes app for example, and then trim the note on the verse right back to a simple sentence etc. Does the note show correctly if you do this? That will verify if the contents of the note is the issue.

If so, then maybe it is too long (haven't heard of this) or maybe there are some characters hidden in the note contents that are breaking something. In this case you will need to copy parts of your note back in, and keep updating it until you hit the issue again - that will tell you which part is breaking the note.

Hope that makes sense?

The other option is to send a copy of your Equipd Bible backup to support@equipd.me and I can zoom in on that note to see what is going on. But my recommendation is to try the steps above first.

Hope that helps.

3. iMatt

iMatt Administrator Staff Member

Please also note that I am switching to a new Issue Tracker from now on, as this one is not well maintained. Please read full details here:
    https://www.equipd.me/forums/